Ahmadi Muslim VideoTube Friday Sermon Khalifa V Friday Sermon | خطبہ جمعہ | February 9, 2018 |

Friday Sermon | خطبہ جمعہ | February 9, 2018 |

Friday Sermon – Khalifatul Masih V – Mirza Masroor Ahmad – Year 2018

Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah. I bear witness that Muhammad (saw) is the Messenger of Allah. Come to Prayer Come to success Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is none worthy of worship except Allah.

Peace be upon you all, I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah He is alone and has no partner and I bear witness that Muhammad (saw) is His Servant and Messenger After this I seek refuge with Allah from Satan the accursed.

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds. The Gracious, the Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help. Guide us in the right path

The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray. Hazrat Ayesha (ra) narrates that [the Holy Prophet (saw) said,] “A deceased person, for whom a hundred Muslims observe the funeral prayer

“and all of whom intercede with Allah and ask Him for forgiveness for the deceased, “will have their intercession accepted.” There is a further narration that once when a funeral passed by and the deceased was praised by people, and the Holy Prophet (saw) said, “Paradise has become certain for him.”

I had thought that as I will lead two funeral prayers today, before mentioning the deceased, I would present some further Ahadith as well as quotes from the Promised Messiah (as) and Islamic Jurisprudence on matters relating to the funeral process, preparation and burial of the deceased.

However, it would be impossible to present all the hadiths and extracts on this topic today. The reason for this is the vast material that has been received about the servant of the Community and devotee of life – who fulfilled his vow of devotion (Waqf) and was ever obedient to Khilafat.

I intend to speak about him and also to lead his funeral prayer in absentia. So much material has been sent by people that even that will be difficult to convey. I have probably selected one fifth of that material and I will likely not be able to present even that much.

These incidents are, in their own right, a guide in many respects for every life-devotee (Waqf-e-Zindagi), for the members of the family of the Promised Messiah (as), for office-bearers and for members of the Community and are a worthy of emulation. As you are aware, a few day ago, Respected Sahibzadah Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib,

Son of Hazrat Sahibzada Mirza Aziz Ahmad Sahib (ra) passed away at the age of 78. Surely, to Allah we belong and to Him shall we return. His demise was caused by a heart attack. Although he had been suffering from a heart disease for a long time,

He passed away at home due to cardiac arrest. Respected Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib was the paternal great-grandson of the Promised Messiah (as). He was the grandson of Hazrat Mirza Sultan Ahmad Sahib, the eldest son of the Promised Messiah (as). He was the son of Hazrat Mirza Aziz Ahmad Sahib (ra).

He was the maternal great-grandson of Hazrat Mir Muhammad Ishaq Sahib. He was also my brother-in-law. His mother, Sahibzadi Naseerah Begum, was the eldest daughter of Hazrat Mir Muhammad Ishaq Sahib. All these relationships are not the reason why he is worthy of mention. What makes these relations worthy of mention

Are his attributes and characteristics, which I will relate. He was a servant of the Faith and a life-devotee (Waqf-e-Zindagi). Nowadays, when I appointed him to the post of Nazir-e-Aala, despite weakness, illness and suffering from the effect of his brother’s demise,

He fulfilled all his duties diligently and he remained in attendance at the office. Likewise, he continued to attend events. A day before [his demise], he attended a function at Madrasat-ul-Hifz, where certificates were to be distributed among successful Hafiz [those who memorise the Holy Quran entirely).

He then attended another event by Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya in the evening. Even in the morning on the day of his demise, he visited many sick people at their homes. Further, he also offered all the five prayers at Masjid Mubarak. His life as a Waqf-e-Zindagi [life devotee] commenced in May, 1962.

He completed his MA in political science from Government College Lahore. Following this, he sat the examination for the public service commission CCS, which he passed with flying colours. As a matter of fact, he personally told me that

“I merely sat this examination as people used to say that this is a very difficult examination “and it is very difficult to pass it. “I did so in order to devote my life after having been successful in worldly terms as well

“and so that no one is able to say that I came here as I was unable to find anything else.” Despite this success, he did not pursue any government job, nor did he join the public service commission. Rather, he devoted his life and as I mentioned, he did so in 1962.

Following this, Hazrat Khalifat-ul-Masih II (ra) entrusted him with the responsibility of serving as the managing editor of The Review of Religions. Furthermore, Hazrat Khalifat-ul-Masih II (ra) also told him that “Alongside secular knowledge, “which you have already acquired, you should also acquire religious knowledge.”

Hence, he studied Hadith and religious matters from Hazrat Sayyid Mir Daud Ahmad Sahib. Hazrat Sayyid Mir Daud Ahmad Sahib was the editor of The Review of Religions as well as his maternal uncle. Initially he was named Mirza Sa’eed Ahmad.

Hazrat Musleh Maud (ra) later named him Mirza Ghulam Ahmad upon the request of his mother. She had read an account in Seerat-ul-Mahdi and in relation to this she thought that he should not be given the name Mirza Sa’eed Ahmad.

Mirza Sa’eed Ahmad was a brother from his first mother and passed away at a young age. He also came here to study in UK and was the class fellow of Mirza Muzaffar Ahmad Sahib. She also told Hazrat Musleh Maud that if his name is changed

Then Hazrat Mirza ‘Aziz Ahmad Sahib will be saddened. Hence, he should also be consoled. Hazrat Musleh Maud said that “In that case, we will give him a name which will not grieve his father.” Following this, he named him Mirza Ghulam Ahmad

And he also said that “We will call him by the name ‘Ahmad’.” “The reason for this is that the Promised Messiah (as) passed away not too long ago and “it is very difficult for me to call him by the name Ghulam Ahmad.” In 1964, he was marriage was settled with my sister

And Maulana Jalal-ud-Din Shams Sahib led their Nikah [marriage contract] as Hazrat Khalifat-ul-Masih II (ra) was ill in those days. He has three sons and two daughters. Two sons are life-devotees. Mirza Fazl Ahmad is the Nazir Ta’leem [director of education] in Rabwah,

Whereas Mirza Nasir Inam is the principal in the Jamia here in UK. Mirza Ihsan Ahmad is in America. Even though he has a secular job, he is also serving the Jama’at there as the finance secretary in the national ‘Amila [administrative body] as well as the Officer Jalsa Gah.

One of his daughters is Amatul Wali Zubdah and the other daughter is Amatul Ali Zahrah, who is married to Mir Mahmood Ahmad Sahib, son of Mir Mas’ood Ahmad Sahib. He is also a life-devotee and currently serving as the Nazir Sehat [director of health].

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib served as the Nazir Taleem [director of education], additional Nazir Islah-o-Irshad Muqami for several years and he also served as the Nazir Diwan. As a matter of fact, he served as the Nazir Diwan until he was appointed as the Nazir-e-Aala, that is from 1996 until 2018.

Furthermore, he also served as the Sadr Majlis Karpardaz [president of the committee for the Bahishti Maqbarah] from 2012 until 2018. Then, following the demise of Mirza Khurshid Ahmad Sahib, I appointed him as the Nazir-e-Aala, the local president and Sadr Anjuman Ahmadiyya.

Even prior to this, during the time of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh), he was enabled to serve as the acting Nazir-e-Aala [executive director] as well as the acting local president on several occasions. Similarly, he was a member of the committee for Waqf-e-Jadid

And served as the president of the committee for Waqf-e-Jadid from 2016 until 2018. As part of Ansarullah, he was included in the ‘Amila [administrative body] of various regions. He was entrusted to supervise various regions. Furthermore, he also served as the vice president of Saff-e-Dom, following which he became the vice president.

Then, he was enabled to serve as the president of Ansarullah Pakistan from 2004 until 2009. As part of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, he served as the Mohtamid during various years. Furthermore, he served as the vice president of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya Markaziyya, following which he also served as the president of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya Markaziyya from 1975 to 1979.

He also served as the editor of the Review of Religions after Mir Daud Ahmad Sahib. He rendered his services as the private secretary for Hazrat Khalifat-ul-Masih III (rh). He was the president of the committee for the Khilafat library as well as the president of the Buyoot-ul-Hamd Society, Rabwah.

He also served as the director of the Fazl ‘Umar Foundation. He was enabled to render his services and offer duties during Jalsa Salanas for many years. As long as Jalsas were held in Rabwah, he served as the vice Officer Jalsa Salana as well as the Nazim Mehnat [supervisor of diligent work].

The task of the Nazim Mehnat [supervisor of diligent work] demands great effort, where they have to deal with labourers who are non-Ahmadis, such as those who prepare the roti, naan [bread] and dough and they also have to deal with ill-mannered people. To supervise them properly is a great task during the Jalsa.

By the Grace of Allah the Exalted, he was enabled to render this service in a most dignified manner. He was the president of the committee of Tabarrukat [relics]. He was a member of the committee of the register of the narrations of the companions of the Promised Messiah (as).

He was a member of the board of jurisprudence. He was a member of the committee of the history of Ahmadiyyat. He was the secretary of the Khilafat committee. He also served as the supervising managing director of Al-Sharikat-ul-Islamiyah. He was entrusted with many responsibilities, such as overseeing these committees,

Alongside the tasks of his department. In 1989, he, along with Mirza Khurshid Ahmad Sahib and two other workers in the Anjuman had the honour of being imprisoned for a few days in the cause of Allah under the article 298c. Following the tragedy that occurred in Lahore on 28th May, 2010,

Where many Ahmadis were martyred, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib served as the Amir of the delegation that was immediately sent to Lahore at that time by Nazir-e-Aala Sahib in order to console and reassure the Jama’at, to visit the families of those martyred and in order to visit those that were injured.

He had already reached Lahore when the martyrs were being taken to hospital. He stayed in Lahore for approximately the following two weeks. He personally supervised the arrangements that were made for [the Jama’at in] Lahore. This delegation went to Dar-uz-Zikr [name of the mosque] and fulfilled its responsibilities with great awareness and diligence.

He also supervised the treatment of those that were wounded and also visited the homes of those that were martyred. He called a meeting of the ‘Amila [administrative body] in Dar-uz-Zikr on the very same day and also announced the election of the new Amir.

He led the Maghrib and ‘Isha prayers in that very mosque so people would be assured that the mosque was not to be abandoned following the attack. When he was in hospital there in order to visit and speak to those that were wounded, Salman Taseer Sahib, the governor at that time, came to visit.

He expressed his condolence. However, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib brought his attention towards the fact that the attack was a result of hate-filled propaganda being spread against the Jama’at and that as the governor, it is his duty to pay attention towards this. Similarly, the provincial minister for minorities, Javaid Michael,

Also came in order to express his condolence. Even on this occasion, he said to the aforementioned minister with great resolve that “You have come in order to express your condolence and we thank you for that. “However, it should remain evident that we do not at all consider ourselves to be a minority.

“We are Muslims!” Upon this the minister said that “As a matter of fact, I am also minister of human rights and have come in that capacity as well.” Furthermore, he said to him that he should raise his voice in the cabinet in order for the government to eliminate the campaign against the Jama’at.

Anyway, this was an occasion where he brought their attention towards their responsibilities. In fact, our attention is ever drawn towards Allah the Exalted and it is only He, Who can improve these circumstances, Insha’Allah [God willing]. On 29th and 30th May, they also held a press conference there.

On 2nd June, they participated in a live programme on Express News, called “Point Blank”, from eleven o’clock until twelve o’clock in the evening. They gave interviews for the Swiss National TV, BBC and other services such as Voice of America, Sahara TV, Channel Five and Dunya TV etc.

Nevertheless, this delegation remained there until 12th June and returned following this. During this trip he clearly told them that we are Muslims and no one can deprive us from being Muslims. In one of his sermons, Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) narrated one of his dreams.

While speaking about this dream and mentioning Mirza Ghulam Ahmad sahib, he stated: “I was thinking about increasing my engagements and that night I saw Mian Ahmad in a dream. “Mirza Ghulam Ahmad sahib always gives good advice”. Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) says “It was Mian sahib who advised me regarding the Holy Qur’an

“that instead of writing notes towards the end of Tafsir-e-Sagheer, “I should produce a new translation of the Holy Qur’an. “By the Grace of Allah Almighty, he enabled me to finish this translation “and a lot of issues were resolved through it.” There are other things in this very comprehensive dream that

Mian Ahmad sahib shared with Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) and how he could be of assistance. There was a discussion about marital issues and employment for boys as well as other suggestions. Once, Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) wrote a letter to Mian Ahmad which read:

“I have received the letter in which you expressed worry. I will, very humbly, pray for you. “God Almighty has instilled honesty and felicity in your nature. He never lets such a human perish. “May Allah Almighty continue to bless you with immediate spiritual progress

“and may He grant you the paradise of obtaining peace of mind.” Similarly, in another letter Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) wrote to him: “I remember you in my prayers. “This is your right and you are also one of my prominent helpers in terms of serving faith.

“May Allah Almighty always keep you under His protection, grant you health and security. “May you never face any worry or anxiety.” Then he wrote: “Also remember me in your prayers. “It is my ardent desire that people accept Ahmadiyyat soon.” Then he wrote: “MTA is being transmitted worldwide and serving as a vital instrument.

“It is practically fulfilling my desire. “So produce such amazing programs for MTA that become a source of guidance everywhere “and so that Satan and his evil forces are seized completely during Ramadan.” Amtul Qudus sahib, his wife, says:

“When Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II (ra) was ill, he would go for duty at night on daily basis.” This is prior to their marriage. Similarly, he was very much attached with Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) during his Khilafat. Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) trusted him greatly and in 1974,

Mirza Khurshid Ahmad sahib and he stayed there [close to Huzoor] for several days and nights. They did not have permission to even return home. In 1973 and particularly in 1974 and after becoming Sadr of Khuddamul Ahmadiyya,

He was working with Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) and would not return home for a long time. Even before that, he would leave in the morning and return home at around ten at night. Once, during an Ijtema, when he requested Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) to lead the pledge,

Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) responded by saying: “You should lead the pledge” and Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) made him lead the pledge. Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh) repeated after him like all the Khuddam [youth] present there. At the time of Mirza Khurshid Ahmad sahib’s demise,

I stated that Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) had mentioned “[These] two individuals are very loyal to me and to every Khilafat.” Mian Ahmad sahib had written to me [about this] but had also informed verbally. He hesitated to include his name in this so I did not mention his name during Jummah.

Only Mirza Khurshid Ahmad sahib’s name was mentioned. But in actuality, Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) had said about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and Mirza Khurshid Ahmad that they are faithful to him and every Khalifa. He was called when Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV’s (rh) ring was lost to help find it.

He would say: “Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) mentioned my name ‘Ahmad’ first “then he said ‘Khurshid’. “They are both amongst those upon whom I put my trust and they are faithful to every Khalifa.’” His wife says: “He would cry and weep whilst offering his nawafil [voluntary prayers]

“with such intensity that would shake the entire house. “He would pray for the Holy Prophet (saw), the Promised Messiah (as), the Khalifah of the time, “the entire Jama’at, his parents and siblings, his children and relatives. “He would repeat certain words of Surah Fatihah countless times.”

He had a strong relation with his parents and siblings but there was never any injustice between them. He ensured that his family respected his wife and that his wife established a relationship with his family members. That is to say, he maintained a balance between these two relations.

He expressed gratitude upon receiving the smallest gifts. He would either return the favour by sending a gift to the sender, or go the sender’s house and thank them in person or write to them. One of his great qualities was that once he was entrusted with a task,

He would not rest until it was completed. His knowledge was vast and his memory was excellent. She [his wife] says: “Whether it was a narration or deciphering family links, he would know.” She says: “I was fond of traveling and he would certainly take me out

“whether our financial situation or health was stable or not. “He would do so to fulfill the due rights towards me as his wife.” His wife, who is my sister, writes: “The wife of ‘Abdur Rahman Anwar sahib says: “‘Abdur Rahman Anwar sahib saw in a dream that the entrance of his mother’s house

“‘has been decorated with two vines of countless roses “‘and there are countless beautiful flowers there.’” By the Grace of Allah the Almighty this dream was fulfilled. His wife writes: “Upon receiving his salary, the first thing he would spend on would be chanda “and after that he would use his salary for other expenses.

“He would offer his Wassiyyat payments on the property from the earnings that “both him and his wife had received from our mother or father. “After offering chanda he would inform me: ‘I have offered chanda on the property.’ “Hence, in this way he paid the entire chanda amount that was due on my property

“and this was never a burden upon me.” Even for his children, he bought houses for his son and daughter and paid the Wassiyyat amount due on their properties as well. Many people have written to me, and I have been witness to this myself that these two brothers always remained together.

Our sister writes that the wife of Mirza Dawood Ahmad Sahib would always say that “Whenever I saw Ahmad and Khurshid going somewhere together, “I could tell there was some issue within the Jamaat, which is why both are going.” At the time of every crisis they would act with great forbearance, understanding and wisdom.

He was very obedient to Khilafat. Despite being very weak he attended the Jalsa here. I told him to use a walking stick so he began using it immediately, as it has now been instructed. A few years ago I instructed the Naziraan that they should visit different Jamaats

And convey my message greetings in every house. The province of Sindh was allocated to him. His wife says that “When he returned we was walking with a limp, “so when I enquired as to the reason he replied: ‘I fell from the stairs of a house.’”

When it was shown in the Fazl-e-Umar Hospital the bone in his small toe was cracked and there was a slight crack in the ankle of his other foot or it was injured slightly. There was a slight fracture. She says: “I asked him if he was feeling any pain.”

He replied “I felt pain but as the Khalifa’s instruction was to convey his message “door-to-door”. He replied: “I didn’t feel the pain for 11 days.” Hence he returned having completed his task. His elder son writes that after the migration of Hadrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh)

The cassette for his sermons came to Ahmad Sahib first and he would gather everyone in a very organised manner and relay the sermon before them. Even after the sermons were shown on MTA, he would especially listen to them again

And would ensure that all the members of the house would listen to the sermons, including the house workers. Furthermore, he would arrange for loudspeakers or even a TV in order for those working outside to listen to the sermon. His son narrates an incident that when he went to the Mayo Hospital in Lahore,

There was a rush and those in the ambulances were setting their own rates. He then announced out loud that the Sadr Anjuman Ahmadiyya will make arrangements for all the burials in Rabwah, for the coffins to be taken there

And if there are any other places you wish to take them to then, God willing, you will have permission to do so. In any case, the people were much relieved after hearing this. He visited the homes of all the injured, the martyred and made food arrangements for all those not earning.

There were some reports from certain agencies that certain people were after him, the agencies said that there is danger to his life so he was called back to return from there. However the following Friday after the 28th May he went there again to Darul Zikr

And led the Friday prayer himself so that the members of the Jamaat remained resolute. He would take great care of the poor and his old friends. During his youth one of his class fellows was unable to complete his studies and started working as a painter in various houses.

He took a lot of care of him and after his demise Mian Sahib looked after his children as well. In 1989 he was arrested and the reason was that Khuddamul Ahmadiyya were holding an Ijtema [gathering] and Mian Khurshid Ahmad Sahib was Nazir Umoor-e-Aama.

At the time he was outside of Rabwah and the magistrate called him while Mian Ghulam Ahmad Sahib was serving as his deputy. The magistrate told him to close down the Ijtema. He replied by saying “Since you gave us written permission to hold the Ijtema so we will end it

“only when you give it in writing.” He said that it is a verbal instruction for you to end it. He answered by saying “We will not terminate it based on a verbal statement.” Thus, in the evening Mirza Khurshid Sahib returned and he too was called.

He gave the same answer and as a result, as I mentioned previously, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad spent a few days in prison. He was arrested and put in prison. His daughter writes: “Our father strived to the utmost to remain loyal to Khilafat “and also advised us to do the same.

“Once my father very anxiously requested me for prayers “and continued to remind me for several days. “I was not aware of the situation “but I was under the impression that the Khalifa was slightly upset. “As a result my father prayed so fervently that it left a lasting impression on me

“and my state became the same as my father.” Then when Hadrat Khalifatul Masih IV (rh) migrated, his mother Sayyeda Naseera Begum Sahiba was very ill and her condition was deteriorating. The night of the migration seemed to be the last night of his mother,

But he was busy in the affairs of the Jamaat and the migration, so he was unable to even go to her room and continued dealing with the affairs of the Jamaat. Similarly, in the time of the Khilafat-e-Khamisa, his bond of obedience and loyalty always remained the same with me.

In fact, when he was asked by his son he responded by saying “Do you not see the truthfulness of Khilafat “and how the support of Allah is with Khilafat-e-Khamisa?” One of his sons writes “He would wake us up for prayers and was normally very strict in this.

“However, in his final days he would do so with such kindness which showed his affection.” His son writes that whatever letter he and his wife would receive from his mother and from the Khalifa, he would copy them and place them in a file.

Then he would entrust them to all his children telling them that these are the valuable assets of our time so keep these letters with you. Mirza Anas Sahib relates that “When Mian Ahmad Sahib passed away, I saw in my dream that Mian Ahmad and Mian Khurshid “have gone towards Allah the Almighty

“and they are meeting the Holy Prophet (saw) and the Promised Messiah (as). “In that moment it was a longing of mine for Allah to make my meeting the same as this, “so I said ‘O Allah call me also into Your nearness.’ God Almighty said ‘Come forward.’”

He says that “I have had a long-lasting relationship with Mian Ahmad “and we are approximately the same age. “When I look at the good deeds he carried out I am embarrassed “asking God Almighty to grant me the same opportunity.

“Whenever he was upset with me over something he would always be the first to beg pardon.” Likewise, he writes that “The state of his prayers was such that “when I saw him praying with such fervency that I would become envious.” He was extremely intelligent and responsible.

He was enabled to attend all five prayers in the mosque, help the poor and be of use to them and exert all his strengths in spending in the way of Allah. Chaudhary Hameedullah Sahib wrote that “He possessed great insight in all matters, a man of great advice and,

“more often than not, his suggestions proved to be decisive in all consultations.” He possessed deep understanding of the literature of the Community and its history. Whenever the occasion would arise, he would be in the front line in rendering his services.

During the turmoil of 1974, for several months he fully assisted Hadrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh). He was present in all the international trips of Hadrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh). On one occasion he was part of Huzoor’s delegation, representing the Central Majlis Khuddamul Ahmadiyya. One of his workers in Qadian, Akram Sahib writes:

“I went to pay my condolences to him at the death of his brother Mirza Khursheed Ahmad Sahib “and he said with great benevolence to also pray for him in Qadian “and to request the other elders to pray for him as he felt alone after the death of Mian Khursheed

“and that May Allah enable him to fully assume his duties.” In this way he would continue to request for prayers. Whenever he would travel to Qadian he would visit the homes of the Darwesh (those appointed to safeguard Qadian during the partition).

Similarly he would strive to serve the widows and orphaned children of the Darwesh. He had great knowledge of the sacred sites around Qadian. Akram Sahib writes that “Whenever he would reach Qadian he would offer Nawafil (voluntary) prayers “where the Promised Messiah (as) used to pray and would advise me to do the same

“saying, ‘You people are fortunate to live in this holy site. “‘Therefore, offer your prayers here profusely.’” He rendered great services to Khuddamul Ahmadiyya as the president and visited the youth in all areas. Gondal Sahib wrote that “Mian Ahmad Sahib once went to visit Sindh

“but there were certain places where the vehiclecould not pass, nor could the cars. “He went on foot through the jungles to reach the Khuddam, “which deeply impressed the Khuddam and even now they remember that.” Similarly, Asfandyar Muneeb Sahib, the Department of History in-charge,

Writes that he was of special benefit for the history of Ahmadiyyat. He was a pillar of the Consultation Panel. He would look at the historical manuscripts with great attention and would give very valuable guidance and advice. He was well-versed in the background and minute details of the events of the Community.

Muhammad Deen Naz Sahib, the additional Nazir Islah-o-Irshad writes: “When he was appointed as the Nazir-e-Aala, I entered his room “and he was sat on the seat of the Nizarat-e-Ulya. “His state was one worth seeing that his eyes were filled with tears, “his face seemed overwhelmed and absorbed by the emotions of prayer.

“And with great humility he requested me to also pray or him.” Zahid Qureshi Sahib writes: “I was once sent to him while he was serving as the president of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya “for some work by the Qaid of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya Lahore. “I went to his office in Aiwan-e-Mahmood and handed over the documents.

“It was a mid-afternoon during the summer season “and after I received the documents, he asked me if I had eaten. “I replied that after completing this work, I will go to Dar-ul-Ziafat and eat. “He replied, ‘No, come with me, just sit here for a little while and the arrangements will be made.’

“I thought that perhaps arrangements for food were going to be made in Aiwan-e-Mahmood, “however after a short while he went outside and took out his cycle and asked me to sit behind him. “On the way I even said that I will get off and go to Dar-ul-Ziafat as it comes on the way,

“however he said, ‘No, remain seated’. “He rode the cycle home in the scorching heat and fed me in his house “and after that gave me permission to leave.” He had a personal bond with every Khadim while he was serving as president of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya.

Similarly, many people wrote that they learnt many of the skills and methods of how to work from him. Dr Sultan Mubasher Sahib writes: “We learnt many techniques of how to work from him. “It was his practise to conduct all his work in a very meticulous manner.” Dr Sultan Mubasher Sahib further writes:

“After the [Anti-Ahmadi] ordinance was passed in 1984, “Mian Ahmad Sahib was overseeing the arrangements to lodge an appeal “in the Federal Shariat Court of Pakistan. “I recall that once Mian Sahib came to Aiwan-e-Mahmood “and I was playing badminton there at the time.

“He said to me, ‘We sometimes require certain books in the Lahore court “‘which need to be provided from our library. ‘It is your responsibility to take them there.’” “Therefore, whichever book they required from Rabwah “they would note them on the phone from Lahore

“and Mian Sahib himself would also personally assist the library staff “with great effort in searching for those books “and arrange for them to be delivered. “It was not the case that he simply give an instruction and left “but it was his practise to then actively take part in the work.”

He would take great care of the orphans and widows. Dr Sahib states: “Just today I met a lady in the outdoor [clinic], Bushra Sahiba from Rabwah. “She suffers from diabetes and blood pressure and after checking her results, “I told her that by the Grace of God Almighty your results are completely normal,

“however upon hearing this she began to cry. “I looked at her in astonishment and she said in an emotional tone, ‘Dr Sahib, no doubt my diabetes has improved ‘but two individuals who took on the expense of all my medical treatment have gone;

‘Mirza Khursheed Ahmad Sahib and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib have both departed this world.’ “I reassured her that by the Grace of God Almighty her medical treatment will continue “as it is by the Nizam-e-Jama’at [administration of the Community], “however she kept on remembering them and crying.”

Imam of the Fazl Mosque, Atual Mujeeb Rashid Sahib states: “Towards the end of 1973, when Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah III (rh) appointed me as the “National President of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya after seeking consultation from the “Majlis Shura of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, “Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib at the time was serving as deputy president. “Owing to his vast experience,

“I also recommended his name to serve as Deputy President in my executive committee. “Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib was senior to me in respect to knowledge, experience, age and status, “however when he was appointed as Deputy President, he worked with great humility “and extended his co-operation in every task.

“At no point did he ever express his seniority over me.” Shahid Abbas Sahib from Malaysia writes: “I performed the Bai’at [oath of initiation] in 2005 and went to visit the headquarters. “Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib was going to his office and the Mualim [local preacher], Daniyal Sahib

“who was with me said, ‘He is a very close relative of the Khlaifa of the time. “‘You should request him for prayers.’ “I approached him and told him that I have accepted Ahmadiyyat from a sect among the Shia “and request you to pray for me.

“He embraced me and then firmly gripped my hand and said with a very passionate voice, “ ‘Should I not inform you of a person whom I also request for prayers?’ I enquired who that is. “He replied, ‘The Khalifa of the time. You should write to him for prayers.’”

This new Ahmadi convert further states: “The love and passion I witnessed in his eyes for the Khalifa of the time was extremely impressive “and those few moments have become etched in my memory.” Anjum Pervez Sahib, who is serving as a missionary here in the Arab Desk writes:

“One day Chaudhry Muhammad Ali Sahib told me that once Mian Ahmad was cycling “in the intense heat of the mid-afternoon searching for someone who worked as a painter. “He asked him who he was searching for and he replied,

“ ‘I have prescribed someone the wrong homeopathic medication and now I am searching for him “ ‘before he eats it and I may give him the correct medication. “ ‘Therefore, I am searching for him myself so that “I can give him the correct medicine, however I cannot find him.’”

He discharged every responsibility he had and the many roles he was assigned to serve in an excellent manner. People have written many accounts in regards to this. Similarly, those who worked with him in the office have said that he would get work from them in a very caring and loving manner.

He would show compassion as much as he possibly could to those who were facing difficulty, suffering from grief and the needy, and he would seek to alleviate their difficulties. He had a very fine understating of matters and had such God-given faculties

That he would very quickly get to the core of the matter and (as I mentioned earlier that it was his practise) that he would then act on it immediately. Similarly, just a few days prior to his demise, a few youths came to the office with a complaint

That some of the security personnel employed for the security of the headquarters had acted unjustly and hit them or treated them harshly. One of them had sustained many injuries. He [Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib] asked him that whether he had been to the hospital to get it checked.

He replied no and so he said, “First go to the hospital. The offices are closed today, “however when they open again I shall inshAllah conduct a full investigation, “and regardless of whether the culprit is an office-bearer, they will be punished.”

He started this enquiry straight away and sent the youths to the hospital to get treatment. Iqbal Bashir Sahib writes: “When Mian Ahmad Sahib was appointed as Nazir Deewan [Director of Human Resources and Records], “there was only a few office staff which consisted of two office clerks and an assistant.

“Many a times when the workload would increase, Mian Ahmad Sahib would come and sit with us “and help with the checking and dispatching of the letters.” Riaz Mahmood Bajwa Sahib, who was a missionary and now retired writes: “One day I was sitting in the office and during our conversation,

“a degree of strictness appeared in Mian Sahib’s tone. “I did not have any resentment and nor was I surprised at this as such things can happen. “I came home and later in the evening there was a knock on the door.

“I went outside and saw that Mian Ahmad Sahib was standing there and said, ‘I spoke to you today in a strong manner and therefore have come to apologise.’ “I was not even aware that he did so and since then I am in admiration of his great character.”

Similarly, an assistant worker and an employee wrote the same that he first told them off but then later apologised. A similar incident has been written by someone: “I committed an error in office and was told off as well, “later at home while I was reciting Istighfar [seeking forgiveness] the door knocked.

“I went outside and saw that Mian Ahmad Sahib was standing there and said, ‘I spoke to you today in a strong manner and therefore have come to apologise.’ “He then turned around and sat back in his car and left.” Mubaher Ayyaz Sahib writes: “I was the editor of the Khalid magazine

“and the late Mahmood Bengali Sahib had come from Australia and I took his interview. “He related an incident that when Mian Ahmad Sahib was President [Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya], “Mahmood Bengali Sahib was in-charge of the Tarbiyyati class [religious and moral training for Khuddam].

“When the Tarbiyyati class was over he presented the total budget and a few ‘ana’, “which means a few pence had been overspent and the bill was rejected by the President stating, ‘This bill cannot be approved’. “He says, ‘I personally went to him and said that it is not a huge issue,

‘only a few pence have been overspent and this is not a huge amount. ‘If you are unable to give it, then I shall pay for it from my own pocket.’ He replied, ‘It is not a case of spending from your own pocket, ‘however the fact is that I want to make you understand

‘that you should be cautious when spending from the Jam’at’s money ‘and you should follow the rules and regulations of the Jam’at. ‘Therefore, if you required more money ‘then you should have sought permission first and then spent the money.’ Bengali Sahib says, ‘this had a lasting impact on me.’”

He also had a great bond with Khilafat. Once, an issue regarding the Zakat not being applicable on horses, I believe, was being discussed in the judiciary committee and a report had been compiled. However, I rejected this report and said that it should be reviewed again and requires a consensus.

Many committees were formed and each time long debates would ensue amongst the scholars and they would fail to arrive at a conclusion. The president then made him the head of the committee and again some of the scholars came

With great preparation in order to present an alternative view to what I had initially said. He heard the discussion for a short while and then Mubasher Ayyaz Sahib states that with a very passionate voice he said, “When the Khalifa of the time has made a decision then how can we even think

“to say something against this?” “He rejected all their arguments “and did not care how eminent the scholars were and what they was saying.” He continues by saying: “When it came to the history of the Jama’at “and incidents that are connected with the Jama’at he was like an encyclopaedia.”

He says: “At present I am writing about the life and character of the Promised Messiah (as). “If I would ever encounter any difficulty I would consult him, “as he was well versed in this subject and was an authority in these matters. “Similarly he had vast knowledge of the [historical] sites around Qadian.

“Whilst in Qadian, if anyone requested him to show the historical sites of Qadian, “he would happily grant them a tour. “On one occasion he had twisted his ankle and was injured, however despite this, “he did not let anyone know and continued to show them around.”

Mubashar Ayyaz Sahib says: “When he began to climb the stairs we realised, in fact, “he himself stated that he felt pain [in his ankle]. “We were embarrassed at the fact that we had caused him so much pain.” Similarly there are several other incidents.

Whenever he was sent for an official duty, he did not think about any obstacles in his way. On one occasion, there was a disagreement between two parties regarding a certain official matter. He was sent to reconcile the two parties, however, the journey to reach them was difficult.

There was no through access by car. Mirza Khurshid Ahmad Sahib and Mirza (Ghulam) Ahmad Sahib along with the missionaries sat in a trailer of a tractor. Along the route, there was a section of the journey where it was dangerous for the tractor to proceed.

After disembarking, they then resumed the journey by foot and eventually reached their destination. When they reached the village they assembled everyone in the mosque and pronounced their verdict and also prayed for the matter. By the Grace of Allah, when the people saw that they travelled from afar having undertaken a difficult journey,

The feud that had lasted several years was resolved due to his sacrifice and prayers. There are many other incidents similar to this and others that are new, but there is not enough time to relate them. He would always show love to his workers and this was mentioned by all of them.

He would care for even the smallest of their needs. He then served as Naib Nazir Ta’leem [Deputy Director for Education]. It is narrated “Whenever an allowance of any student was rejected by the Khalifa “owing to certain circumstances “he would say that you should attribute the approval for student allowances

“or other good news to the Khalifa, “and if someone’s application had been rejected or any disapproval should be attributed to us.” Zafar Ahmad Zafar Sahib, who is a missionary, also narrated the incident that when he fractured his foot, he did not worry for it even though it began to swell up.

Saleem sahib writes: “During the Khilafat of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih III (rh), “he served as Private Secretary. “When the post would pile up “he would say for everyone to collate all the post and distribute it again. “In the distribution he would take a pile for himself.

“As private secretary, he would take more post than all of our office workers. “He would respond and complete all the work before we would.” He had a special skill for drafting letters and his handwriting was very neat and organised. As I mentioned earlier he had a special ability to draft letters.

A worker in Wakalat-e-Maal Sani writes: “We were writing up the history of Tehreek-e-Jadid including about financial sacrifice. “After ironing out the mistakes and preparing the final version, the Wakeel-ul-Maal [Director of Finance] “asked me to give the final copy to Mian Ahmad Sahib, so that he can check for any mistakes.

“I thought to myself that once we give this 150 to 200 page book to Mian Ahmad sahib, “we will be relieved for the next four or five days.” He then writes: “When I reached the office the next morning, “the envelope was on my table, complete with all the corrections.

“He had managed to complete all the corrections in one night and returned the document.” This was his the level of his efficiency, which is an example for all workers. He also served as Sadr Majlis Karpurdaz and would thoroughly asses the matters pertaining to this office. Samiullah Zahid sahib writes:

“When he served as Nazir Islah-o-Irshad Muqami, “he asked me to make a list of families of all the missionaries. “When I gave him the list, he went to visit all the families and said to them ‘Since your husbands are carrying out their missionary work in the field,

‘if you have any worries, concerns or if you need anything, ‘you should not worry them, instead come and tell me.’” Fareed-ur-Rahman sahib, who is a worker in Wakalat-e-Ta’meel-o-Tanfeez writes: “I worked on composing Chaudhry Muhammad Ali Sahib’s book. “When I prepared the final draft Chaudhry sahib sent me to him [Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib].

“When I presented him the book I remained behind for a short while. “He asked me, ‘What is the matter?’ Nervously, I said to him that my mother had an operation.” He then writes: “I had only said this much that he immediately asked how much money I required

“and took the chequebook of the treasury from the drawer and placed it on his desk. “I told him that I require seven thousand rupees. “If you can lend me the money now you can deduct it later from my salary.

“He then gave me the money from his personal account and said: ‘I will also pray. ‘You do not need to worry whether it needs to be deducted from your salary or not. ‘Take this and if you require any more do not hesitate to ask me.’ Hafiz sahib has also written stating:

“He had a special connection with Khilafat which was visible on all occasions. “When he was made Nazir-e-Aala, in his first address to the Naziran [Directors] of the Anjuman “he said ‘I do not need to request you for your cooperation, ‘as you are all serving in your capacities.

‘However, since Hazrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) has appointed me, ‘I am in urgent need of your prayers, ‘as it is extremely difficult to follow in the footsteps of certain people.’ Similarly when he was transferred from Nazarat-e-Diwan and appointed as Nazir-e-Aala one of the workers says:

“Before leaving from the office he personally came to meet us and requested permission to leave. “Hearing these words made us emotional and we said: ‘Mian Sahib, stay here with us or take us with you.’ At this he smiled and said:

‘How can I take you with me, I am only going on the command of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih (aba), ‘then after a short while, I will meet my creator with His permission.’ May Allah the Almighty elevate his status.

He has departed to go to a place where each one of us will go at the appointed time. However, fortunate are those who spend their lives striving to attain the pleasure of God Almighty. May Allah the Almighty elevate his status and enable his children to continue his virtuous deeds.

Also all the Waqfeen [devotees of life] and office bearers should strive to fulfil their Waqf [pledge for devoting ones life] with sincerity, just as he did and also to continue their services. May Allah grant everyone the opportunity to fulfil their pledges. May Allah continue to grant the Jamaat pious and righteous workers

Who serve with sincerity and passion in the future as well. The second funeral that I will lead today is of Debaanu Farakhut Sahiba, who passed away on 26th January at the age of 47. [Arabic] To Him we belong and to Him shall we return.

She passed away due to high blood pressure and an infection in her intestine. Although she underwent an operation, however, she passed away after one week. She was ill for quite some time and when she was fifteen, both her kidneys stopped functioning properly. Despite this, from the time she accepted Ahmadiyyat,

She would offer her prayers on time as well as offering the tahajjud [pre-dawn voluntary] prayers. She would regularly recite the Holy Qur’an, despite having converted from Christianity. She accepted Islam in 2004 and since then she was regular in her obligatory prayers, recitation of the Qur’an and also Tahajjud prayers.

Assessing the condition of the Muslims, she realised that there was a major issue [with certain Muslims]. She had accepted the Holy Prophet (saw) before Ahmadiyyat. She later became an Ahmadi Muslim. She began to research about the signs of the latter days as mentioned by the Holy Prophet (saw) and thus accepted Ahmadiyyat.

She said herself that she felt as though she was edging towards her end, to the extent that when she accepted Islam, she felt as though she was on the verge of death. Her doctors who are non-Muslims would say that ever since she has found Allah, it has breathed new life into her.

Before accepting Ahmadiyyat she developed Hepatitis C, however, having performed the Bai’at, God Almighty granted her a miraculous recovery. She would mention her miraculous healing to members of her family. She has met me on two occasions and always exhibited sincerity and loyalty.

Ameer Sahib [National President] writes: “When I went to meet her a few days ago “she has prepared a meal for me. “When I expressed to her that there was no need to go to all this trouble she said that “it was the first time I had come to her house,

“and that I had come as a representative of the Khalifa.” In her home she would always have MTA on the TV. May Allah the Almighty elevate her status and forgive her by showering His Mercy on her. May Allah fulfil her wish and desire, which was for her family to accept Ahmadiyyat.

All praise is due to Allah. We laud Him, we beseech help from Him and ask His protection; we confide in Him, we trust Him alone and we seek protection against the evils and mischief of our souls and from the bad results of our deeds.

Whomsoever He guides on the right path, none can misguide him; and whosoever He declares misled, none can guide him onto the right path. And we bear witness that none deserves to be worshipped except Allah. We bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger.

O servants of Allah! May Allah be merciful to you. Verily, Allah commands you to act with justice, to confer benefits upon each other and to do good to others as one does to one ‘s kindred and forbids evil which pertain to your own selves

And evils which affect others and prohibits revolts against a lawful authority. He warns you against being unmindful. You remember Allah; He too will remember you; call Him and He will make a response to your call. And verily divine remembrance is the highest virtue.


Leave a Reply